We’re sure that you’ve heard of all the diet programs out there that practically starve you or only allow food that you wouldn’t particularly enjoy on a daily basis. But that’s not the case for The Fast Metabolism Diet, here you’re required to eat a lot but still effectively lose weight; of course you have to couple this with exercise as well as Fast Metabolism Diet recipes. The kind of food that you’ll eat will be rotated every week according to a specifically designed schedule. The goal is to hasten a person’s metabolism, when that happens they burn more calories.
New York Strip Steak with Steamed Broccoli
This is a great meal for those undergoing the Phase 2 of the Fast Metabolism Diet.
- 6 oz New York strip steaks
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Grab a broiler pan, place it in the broiler and preheat.
- Trim all the excess fat off the New York steaks.
- Mix the salt, pepper and garlic then rub it on both sides of the steak.
- Place them on the hot pan and broil for 7 to 15 minutes or until desired doneness. In case you prefer a well done steak without the charred parts, butterfly the steak or cut it in half before cooking.
- Meanwhile, get a wire streaming tray or streaming double pan and boil some water; the water should be about 1 or 2 inches on the pan.
- Place the broccoli on the pan with water and cover. Steam the broccoli for 4 to 6 minutes or until the broccoli has softened.
- After cooking, season the broccoli with sea salt and pepper before serving it all together with the steak.